What should I ask a lawyer before hiring him for my wife’s nursing home abuse case?
We are saddened to hear that your wife has been a victim of nursing home abuse in Florida. It is important that you know that not all attorneys have the same background or experience. In order to make sure you have the right lawyer on your side who has the experience you need to bring justice to those who wronged your wife, there are several questions you should ask of your potential lawyer, including:
- Do you have experience in cases like mine?
- How long have you been representing nursing home abuse victims?
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law?
- Have you tried cases in court? If so, what have been some of your jury verdicts?
- When was the last time you brought a case to trial? What was the result?
- Do you prepare each case as if you might go to trial?
- Will you personally be handling my case and returning my phone calls?
- What can I expect if you are my lawyer?
- What are your attorney fees?
- Do you work on a contingency fee basis?
- What are the next steps?
Because most personal injury lawyers in Florida offer complimentary consultations, it is important to meet a few different attorneys in order to find out their answers to these questions and learn who would be the best fit for your case. For a free consultation with the Law Offices of David Benenfeld, contact us at 866-9 HELP NOW or 866-943-5766 today.