What Questions Should I Ask A Lawyer I’m Considering Hiring For My Personal Injury Case?
It can be overwhelming to try and choose a lawyer for your case. In order to know if you are choosing the right Fort Lauderdale attorney to handle your claim, you should ask each lawyer you meet with a series of questions. By asking questions, you will learn more about the lawyer and be able to determine whether you feel comfortable with him or her.
Some questions you can ask a lawyer include:
- Do you handle cases similar to mine?
- What verdicts or settlements have you received in similar cases?
- Will you be representing me or will the case get passed off to someone else?
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law in Broward County?
- What is your background?
- Do you have experience as a trial attorney?
- Do you think my case will settle or go to trial?
- What will you do to prepare for trial?
- Do you order my medical records?
- Do you visit the scene of the accident?
- Do you utilize investigators and medical experts?
- What are your fees like? Do you accept cases on a contingency basis?
- Who will my contact be and how often will I hear from your law firm?
There are many questions you can ask a lawyer to determine how long he has been practicing law, if he has experience in similar matters, if he has the expertise you are looking for, and if you feel comfortable with him. Before you make any decision on hiring a lawyer, do yourself a favor and ask him the questions listed above.
For a free consultation with a Fort Lauderdale injury lawyer, contact the Law Offices of David Benenfeld to get your questions answered at 954-807-1334.