What Qualities Should I Look For In A Broward County Nursing Home?
Answer: Qualified nursing homes require five-star training, which begins with preventing abuse. Although nursing home abuse and neglect is not an issue that anyone is comfortable thinking about, it has become highly prevalent in most facilities. When multiple problems arise in a nursing home, it’s most likely due to one major underlying deficiency: Staffing.
Families that are searching to place their loved ones in nursing homes should inquire about staff training related to resident abuse and neglect. Experts recommend that staff members be trained in the following topics:
- Anger management and communication
- Cultural and ethnic sensitivity
- Caring for patients with dementia or mental illness
- How to recognize abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- Extensive abuse education including policies for how to report abuse
If you suspect that a loved one is being abused or neglected by their nursing home, it is important that you contact a Broward County Nursing Home Abuse Attorney.
Contact the Law Office of David Benenfeld for a FREE consultation to help you with your claim. Call: 954-807-1334.