What Is The Best Way To Find A Good Nursing Home?
We are glad to see you are asking this question. Unfortunately, many people end up enrolling their elderly parents into the closest nursing home—not even knowing if the home has good or bad reviews. Because not all nursing homes are the same, it is important to do your research before placing your mother or father into a specific nursing home.
In order to help you find the best nursing home for your loved one, we have some tips here:
• Conduct a thorough search online
• Find out if the home has any violations
• Check out the state’s Watch List to make sure the home isn’t on the list
• Read what others have said in online reviews
Once you have narrowed down the list to a few nursing homes, it is important to visit these homes in person. When visiting a facility, make sure you do the following things:
• Look at the cleanliness of the facility
• See if the staff seems friendly or if they are overworked and stressed
• Pay attention to the way the patients look to see if they are groomed and cared for
• Ask if the home has an on-site RN
• Talk with the nursing home administrator and ask him or her your questions
Although conducting online research and visiting a facility personally will help reduce the chance of your loved one being mistreated, there is still a possibility that nursing home neglect and abuse occurs. If your mother or father has been harmed by a nursing home in Florida, call the Law Offices of David Benenfeld at 954-807-1334 for a free consultation with a knowledgeable South Florida nursing home abuse attorney.