Close Menu
Fort Lauderdale Workers' Compensation Lawyer
Hablamos Español
Complimentary Consultations Available
Read Our Reviews

What Is My Family’s Wrongful Death Rights After Losing Our Father In A Crash Caused By A Drunk Driver?

We are saddened to hear that your dad died by a drunk driver and extend our deepest condolences to you and your family during this tragic time. When the death of a loved one is sudden and premature, it can be hard to accept and difficult to understand.  Sadly, you can’t do much to take away the pain or what happened; however, you can pursue a lawsuit as part of your wrongful death rights in Florida.

Although a wrongful death lawsuit won’t bring your father back, it is a way for you to hold the person accountable for the death of your dad. As a surviving dependent, you have the right to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit in Florida in order to seek a financial recovery for your damages and losses.

Some of the damages you can collect for include:

  • Medical costs incurred as a result of the fatal car crash
  • Funeral and burial expenses
  • Lost income and future lost wages and benefits
  • Loss of care, guidance and parental support
  • Loss of services
  • Pain and suffering of the deceased

If your mother is still alive, she can also collect for loss of love and companionship and loss of consortium. By filing a lawsuit on behalf of your father’s estate and working with an experienced attorney, you will be able to collect the full damages you and your family are entitled to.

For help pursuing your rights and seeking justice and a just recovery, contact the Law Offices of David Benenfeld at 954-677-0155 for a complimentary consultation with a skilled Broward County wrongful death lawyer today.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • linkedin

© 2020 - 2024 Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A. All rights reserved.