My Relative Told Me That She Is Being Abused In Her Nursing Home. What Should I Do Now?
The most important thing you can do is to believe your relative and to protect her. There are many different types of abuse that she could have endured such as physical abuse, sexual abuse, financial abuse, and mental and emotional abuse. While your head may be spinning and you might not know what to do after hearing this shocking news, here are some steps you can take immediately:
- Contact a Florida nursing home abuse attorney
- Call the appropriate authorities
- Report the incident to the nursing home administrator
- Move her out of that nursing home
- Get your relative psychological counseling
- File a lawsuit against the abuser and the nursing home
The best step you can take after learning this horrific information is to speak with a nursing home abuse lawyer in Broward County. A lawyer will be able to answer your questions, inform you of your legal options, draw up the necessary paperwork, refer you to a good counselor, and help make sure your loved one is protected.
If your loved one was a victim or Florida nursing home abuse, contact the Law Offices of David Benenfeld to speak with an experienced South Florida nursing home abuse attorney in a free consultation at 954-807-1334 today.