My Husband Just Started Riding A Motorcycle To Work To Save Money On Gas. What Are Risks Of Riding A Motorcycle In Florida?
Since Florida is a popular tourist destination and host of multiple motorcycle events, motorcycle accident and fatalities statistics run rather high. In 2010, almost 7,000 motorcycle crashes occurred. Most people assume that it’s the younger group that accounts for most of the accidents. Read on, not so.
Interesting Florida Motorcycle Accident Facts:
- Males age 45-54. Most Florida motorcycle accidents involve this age group.
- March, April, May. Most common months for Florida motorcycle accidents.
- Weekends. 50% of Florida motorcycle accidents occur on weekends.
- Alcohol. 45% of all motorcycle fatalities involve alcohol.
- Helmet Use. Less than 50% of FL motorcyclists wear helmets.
- TBI. Most FL motorcycle fatalities cause traumatic brain injury.
- Fatalities. 350 Florida motorcycle fatalities.