My Best Friend Is Pregnant. I Want To Loan Her The Crib I Used For My Kids. It’s Still In Good Condition, But How Do I Know If It’s Safe Enough?
Sentimentally, loaning your crib is a nice idea. Practically, it sounds great in this day’s economy. From the looks outside, your crib may even look like it’s still brand new. Aside from all of that, be certain that the crib is 100% safe.
Millions of cribs have been recalled within the last decade, and yours might be one.
Although the exact cause of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) is sometimes a mystery, there are key criteria for crib safety that could prevent Crib Death.
- NO DROP SIDES! To prevent strangulation and suffocation.
- Check the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission for recalls.
- Crib slats cannot be wider than 2 and 3/8”.
- Corner posts cannot be higher than 1/16”.
- Mattress size must fit snug to prevent choking.
- No decorative additions to prevent entrapping arms and legs.
- Many cribs that convert to toddler beds do not meet safety guidelines.
If you or someone you know has suffered the loss of a child from Crib Death in Broward County, then you may be eligible to wrongful death benefits. Contact the Law Office of David Benenfeld for a FREE consultation to help you with your claim.