How Do I Choose A Good Nursing Home In Florida For My Parent?
A: Because there are numerous amounts of cases involving elder abuse in Florida nursing homes, you definitely want to do your homework before placing your loved one in a certain senior facility.
Here are some good tips to follow when reviewing different Florida nursing homes:
- Visit the facility in person
- Ask for a tour and an information package
- Talk to other patients and families of residents regarding their experiences
- Be on the lookout for odors, sounds and the cleanliness of the facility
- Speak with the head nurse and other nurses
- Look to see if the facility looks maintained and if the residents look clean and cared for
Once you decide on a nursing home facility for your parent, try and visit often. If you do believe your loved one has been a victim of Florida elder abuse, contact the Law Offices of David Benenfeld to speak with a knowledgeable Fort Lauderdale nursing home abuse attorney today. To schedule a free legal consultation with us, call 954-677-0155.