Close Menu
Fort Lauderdale Workers' Compensation Lawyer
Hablamos Español
Complimentary Consultations Available
Read Our Reviews

Can I sue the city for failing to reduce speeds in a known area where pedestrians keep getting injured and dying?

It is probably unlikely that you will have a claim against the city since drivers are the ones who should be held accountable for speeding and other negligent driving behaviors, such as driving impaired, texting, or participating in other forms of distracted driving. However, it isn’t impossible. Cities can be sued just like everyone else when negligence is involved; although, it is more challenging to bring cases against cities due to the rigid steps involved.

In order to determine if you have a valid case against a city in Florida, contact the Law Offices of David Benenfeld at 866-9 HELP NOW or 866-943-5766 for a complimentary consultation.

Whether you do or don’t have a legal claim, you can still get involved in your community to try and reduce speed limits in dangerous areas. Get other residents involved, attend city council meetings, and present your information to the city — requesting they consider reducing the speed limit in known areas that have high pedestrian-involved motor vehicle crashes. A lot of cities are taking a look at how to reduce pedestrian accidents, injuries and fatalities, so it may be a perfect time to get them to take action.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • linkedin

© 2020 - 2024 Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A. All rights reserved.