Are There Any Things I Shouldn’t Do After A Motorcycle Accident?
Yes. There are several things you do NOT want to do after being involved and injured in a Broward County motorcycle accident. Some of these things include:
- Do not apologize or admit fault to anyone at the accident scene
- Do not guess at your speed when talking with the police
- Do not refuse medical care by paramedics, or do not delay going to the ER or seeing your doctor
- Do not tell your insurance company that you aren’t injured because many injuries take hours, days or weeks to manifest
- Do not provide a recorded statement
- Do not sign a medical authorization form
- Do not post comments or pictures on social media sites
- Do not delay in seeking legal advice
If you keep in mind that the insurance company doesn’t want to pay you any more money for your injuries and damages than the bare minimum, you will realize that the entire claims process is adversarial. This means that there is no one on your side and that you need to do and say the right things and not the wrong things that will hurt your claim.
By avoiding the things listed above and by speaking with a knowledgeable accident attorney in Florida, you may help your case instead of harming it. For a free legal evaluation of your case, contact the Law Offices of David Benenfeld at 954-807-1334 today.