Deerfield Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Serving Motorcycle Accident Victims in Deerfield Beach and Broward County
Deerfield Beach has much to offer locals and visitors alike. From Deerfield Beach Island to the Splash Adventure Water Park, the attractions are seemingly endless. Traffic can get intense, however, especially on South Federal Highway, and motorcycle accidents are distressingly frequent. The ultimate cause of most motorcycle accidents is that automobile drivers simply aren’t looking out for motorcycles. Contact our experienced Deerfield Beach motorcycle accident lawyer for more information or assistance.
How We Can Help
The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A., can help you successfully navigate your motorcycle accident claim in the following ways:
- Performing an “attitude adjustment” on the insurance company: Insurance companies tend to become decidedly more cooperative as soon as they learn that you have retained us to represent you, because our reputation is well known in Florida.
- Investigating your claim by interviewing witnesses, collecting admissible evidence, etc.
- Negotiating with the insurance adjuster. We can handle this on our own – you won’t need to participate. All major decisions, such as whether to accept a settlement, are still yours to make, of course.
- Advising you on how to avoid common pitfalls that could damage your claim (imprudent use of social media, for example).
- Filing a lawsuit, if necessary.
- Representing you at trial.
To Sue or to Settle…
Most of our clients (well over 90 percent) wind up with private settlements without ever even having to step into a courtroom. Even when a lawsuit is filed, which isn’t most of the time, it is still possible to settle the claim before a trial is held. In fact, filing a lawsuit allows both sides to gather evidence more effectively, which is often precisely what leads to settlement. If a trial becomes necessary, however, we are ready and willing to fight it out for you.
Our Client Says…
“I hired Mr. Benenfeld and he finished my case very quickly. He was very honest and made me very comfortable in settling my case. I was VERY PLEASED with my results!”
Florida Motorcycle Accident FAQs
What are the most common causes of motorcycle accidents?
Although motorcycle accidents occur for many reasons, some of the most common reasons (that are not the motorcyclist’s fault) include:
- Texting while driving;
- Low visibility (and the driver fails to adjust his speed to account for the reduced visibility);
- Road hazards (a mere pothole, for example, could cause a serious motorcycle accident); and
- Tire blowouts.
What actions should I take after a motorcycle accident?
Take the following actions, to the extent that your physical condition permits:
- Move your motorcycle off the road and to a safe location.
- Take photos of injuries, property damage, skid marks, traffic signals and signs, and weather and road conditions.
- Get the contact information of witnesses, and get insurance information, license plate numbers, and driver’s license numbers from the other driver.
- Obtain a police report from the police.
- Go to the hospital as soon as possible, even if you believe you were not seriously injured.
- Keep all accident-related records – notes on conversations with witnesses, your own personal description of the accident, medical treatment reports and bills, etc.
Is lane-splitting legal in Florida?
No, lane-splitting is illegal in every US state except California. Lane-splitting shouldn’t damage your claim, however, unless it was the cause of the accident.
Can I still recover damages if I wasn’t wearing a helmet?
Under Florida law, you are required to wear a helmet while driving or riding on a motorcycle, unless you have at least $10,000 in medical insurance that will cover the costs of any injury you may suffer. If you didn’t, you likely cannot recover any damages that would probably not have occurred if you had been wearing one (head injuries, for example), even if the accident was not your fault. You could still recover for other injuries, however.
If You Don’t Win, You Don’t Pay
We know you don’t want to pay for nothing (we don’t either!). And nothing is what you would be paying for if we charged our clients for cases we didn’t win. Fortunately, we don’t operate like that around here. You will never owe us a penny until and unless we win your case and the defendant actually pays.
Contact Experienced Deerfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyer, David M. Benenfeld
The best way to win a motorcycle accident claim is to move quickly, aggressively, and decisively. If you have suffered a motorcycle accident injury that you believe was caused by someone else, or if your family member has been killed that way, call Deerfield Beach motorcycle accident lawyer, David M. Benenfeld, at 954-807-1334, or complete our online form to schedule a free case consultation. We serve clients in Lakeview, The Cove, Century Village, and elsewhere in town.