I Was In A South Florida Motorcycle Accident And Didn’t Seek Medical Attention.
I was in a South Florida motorcycle accident and didn’t seek medical attention. Days later I went to the doctor, and he told me I had a broken bone. What are the signs of having a broken bone?
You are not alone. Many motorcyclists go through a type of unique shock that allows their body to ignore the severity of multiple types of injuries. Depending on the type of fracture, it may take days before an individual realizes there is a definite injury.
Below are broken or fractured bone signs:
- Pain during gentle pressure or movement
- Disfigurement of limb or joint
- Blue or numbing at tip of extremity, such as toe or finger
- The limb, arm or leg, appear to turn outward
If you suspect you have been injured in a Broward County motorcycle accident, it is vital to call or seek medical help immediately.
First-aid steps include:
- Stop bleeding
- Immobilize injury
- Apply ice packs to reduce swelling
- Rest to receive treatment when in shock
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident contact a skilled Broward County Motorcycle Accident Attorney who specializes in broken bone injuries.