Woman Killed In West Palm Beach Pedestrian Accident
According to the Sun-Sentinel, a West Palm Beach woman was killed while crossing the street at 10 PM on Wednesday, May 26. The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office reported that the 43-year-old Florida resident was crossing at the intersection of Earnest Street and Haverhill Road when she was struck by 49-year-old Eddie Daniels. The woman, who has not yet been identified, was rushed to St. Mary’s Medical Center in West Palm Beach by emergency responders, but she died of her pedestrian accident injuries after arrival.
It is not known if Daniels was speeding or if there will be charges in the fatal West Palm Beach pedestrian accident.
Quick safety tips for Florida pedestrians:
- Always cross at marked, lighted crosswalks when possible.
- At night, wear bright clothing, wear reflective clothing, or carry a flashlight.
- Do not enter the street from areas between obstacles, such as two parked cars.
- Don’t run across streets – make deliberate, predictable movements.
- Realize that drugs or alcohol can affect your ability to walk home safety.