Winter Driving Tips For Broward, Dade, & Palm Beach Counties
Winter is here, bringing with it certain driving dangers and potential road hazards caused by cold weather or icy conditions. In an effort to keep Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach County drivers safe this winter, Injury Law Service recommends reviewing the following winter driving tips (adapted from AAA):
- Check your tires often, and make sure that they are properly inflated.
- Do not mix radial tires with other types of tires.
- Avoid warming up your vehicles in enclosed areas (such as garages).
- To avoid the freezing of your gas line, keep your gas tank half full at the least.
- In cold, snowy, or rainy weather, try to avoid using your parking brake.
- Avoid using cruise control on slippery surfaces (due to rain or ice).
- Keep your seat belt buckled at all times.
- Keep your eyes on the road, looking and steering in the direction in which you’re going.
- Get plenty of rest so you’re not driving while fatigued. Winter driving tasks require great alertness and caution.
Although it’s less common to see ice on the roadways in Florida, it is always best to be prepared for the worst. Whether you’re driving on ice or snow (although you should avoid doing so if at all possible), in the rain, or on a bright, clear day, keep these safety tips in mind and use extreme caution. Happy traveling!
If you do have an accident and are injured in wintry conditions, contact Attorney David M. Benenfeld for a free consultation.