Anxiety Disorder Patients May be Eligible For Social Security Benefits in Florida
Anxiety Disorder is characterized by excessive worrying without a specific cause. Broward County individuals who suffer from constant anxiety are convinced that they have endless reasons to worry. Often, this anxiety can become debilitating to the point that it affects a person’s relationships, physical health, and especially job performance.
The number one cause of mental illness in the U.S. is Anxiety Disorder, affecting over 40 million adults. South Florida residents suffering from Anxiety Disorder realize the complexity of their condition, especially as it relates to the practicality of their daily living. That’s because their worry goes beyond how to make their mortgage, which parent will pick up their kid from soccer practice, and what to make for dinner. Individuals who suffer from Anxiety Disorder often feel like something bad is about to happen.
Types of Anxiety Disorders
1. Generalized Anxiety Disorder – Fidgety, restless, sleepless, irritability, muscle aches, and constantly worrying about anything or everything.
2. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – Unreasonable thoughts and fears that lead an individual to engage in repetitive and compulsive behaviors.
3. Panic Disorder – Intense fear that leads to a panic reaction, and often physical symptoms that make a person feel like he or she is having a heart attack or even dying.
4. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – Following a traumatic event, the individual continues to replay the incident and experience the anxiety symptoms in his or her present life.
5. Social Anxiety Disorder – Daily interactions with people cause severe anxiety, embarrassment, and fear.
Anxiety Disorders Qualify for Social Security
People who severely struggle with coping with Anxiety Disorder may ultimately realize that their condition makes it almost impossible to function in their everyday lives. Florida residents with Anxiety Disorder may find it difficult to get ready in the morning, run errands, or to even keep a job.
Social Security disability benefits will be awarded to South Florida residents who have Anxiety Disorder based on their ability to work. If the applicant has been unable, or is expected to be unable to work for at least 12 months, then he or she may be eligible to receive Social Security disability benefits.
Aside from being diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder that is medically considered long-term, Social Security requires that one be unable to function outside of the house or exhibit at least two behaviors listed below:
- Improper social function
- Inability to perform daily life routines
- Inability to concentrate and complete a task
- Unable to maintain the anxiety for a duration of time
To assist in the accuracy of your Social Security claim for Anxiety Disorder, it is important to talk with an experienced South Florida Social Security disability attorney. Your attorney can help you prepare your paperwork to get the results you are looking for.
If you need assistance to file your claim for Social Security disability claim, the Law Offices of David Benenfeld is here to help. For or a free legal consultation and book call today: 954-677-0155. Can’t Work? Maneuvering the Social Security Disability Claim’s Maze.