Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld P.A. Motto
  • Complimentary Consultations Available
  • ~
  • Hablamos Español

Can I sue the city for failing to reduce speeds in a known area where pedestrians keep getting injured and dying?

It is probably unlikely that you will have a claim against the city since drivers are the ones who should be held accountable for speeding and other negligent driving behaviors, such as driving impaired, texting, or participating in other forms of distracted driving. However, it isn’t impossible. Cities can be sued just like everyone else when negligence is involved; although, it is more challenging to bring cases against cities due to the rigid steps involved.

In order to determine if you have a valid case against a city in Florida, contact the Law Offices of David Benenfeld at 866-9 HELP NOW or 866-943-5766 for a complimentary consultation.

Whether you do or don’t have a legal claim, you can still get involved in your community to try and reduce speed limits in dangerous areas. Get other residents involved, attend city council meetings, and present your information to the city — requesting they consider reducing the speed limit in known areas that have high pedestrian-involved motor vehicle crashes. A lot of cities are taking a look at how to reduce pedestrian accidents, injuries and fatalities, so it may be a perfect time to get them to take action.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

To Receive Immediate Assistance

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation