Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld P.A. Motto
  • Complimentary Consultations Available
  • ~
  • Hablamos Español

Can I file a wrongful death claim for the loss of my husband, even if the other driver wasn’t arrested under a criminal charge?

If a driver’s recklessness and negligence claimed the life of your husband, you may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim. A driver doesn’t have to be arrested on a criminal charge for you to pursue a civil suit for wrongful death. The only thing that has to be proven is that the driver operated his or her car negligently.

The driver could have been speeding, distracted, on the phone, texting, impaired, drowsy, or doing something behind the wheel that caused him or her to have a collision. If police officers didn’t arrest the driver for a crime, it’s because they may think the crash was purely accidental, but it doesn’t stop an attorney from investigating to see if there is a possible wrongful death claim.

To talk about your case in more detail, please call the Law Offices of David Benenfeld at 866-9 HELP NOW or 866-943-5766 to speak with a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer in a complimentary consultation today.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

To Receive Immediate Assistance

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation