Deerfield Beach Slip & Fall Lawyer
Serving Slip & Fall Accident Victims in Deerfield Beach and Broward County
Deerfield Beach is a piece of paradise in Broward County, Florida. From the International Fishing Pier to the Arboretum at Constitution Park, there is something for everyone. Deerfield Beach’s beauty, however, can lure you into forgetting about the dangers that lurk here, as they do everywhere else. Each year, for example, hundreds are killed and thousands injured in Broward County slip and fall accidents. Contact our experienced Deerfield Beach slip & fall lawyers today for more information or assistance.
How Slip and Fall Accidents Typically Occur
Below is a list of a few of the most common ways that slip and fall accidents occur:
- You slip on a wet floor in a restaurant or a grocery store;
- You slip on an item of discarded food on a train platform;
- You fall while running from a vicious dog that is chasing you;
- You are descending stairs when the railing collapses, sending you down the stairs; or
- You slip down a flight of wet stairs.
Proving a slip and fall claim involves tying a dangerous condition (wet stairs, for example) to the negligence of the defendant.
We Know How to Handle the Insurance Company
Insurance companies are in business to make a profit, and that puts them in opposition to your claim. They will use every trick in the book to deny or reduce the value of your claim. It won’t work with David M. Benenfeld, however, because he knows all of their tricks.
Florida Premises Liability FAQs
What do I have to prove to receive compensation for a Florida slip and fall accident that occurred in a commercial establishment?
In Florida, you will need to prove the following to win a slip and fall claim:
- The establishment (its employees) knew or should have known of a dangerous condition;
- The establishment failed to repair or warn you about the condition (no “wet floor” sign, for example);
- This failure is what caused your accident; and
- You suffered a certain amount of damages.
Will a surveillance video help me win my slip and fall claim?
Yes, you can use a surveillance video as evidence to help you win a slip and fall claim. Ask the establishment to preserve the footage as soon as possible, because some businesses will tape over their footage every day or two. Once you file a lawsuit, you can demand the footage and seek a court order if the establishment refuses to provide it.
What are some of the defenses against a slip and fall claim on someone else’s premises?
The following are some typical defenses:
- The accident was wholly your fault (if you were intoxicated or engaging in horseplay, for example).
- The accident was partly your fault (thereby invoking comparative negligence to reduce the amount of the defendant’s liability).
- The defendant had no way of foreseeing the dangerous condition that injured you.
- You waited until the statute of limitations deadline expired to file a lawsuit.
Does it make any difference if I was injured on the job?
It probably will. In most work-related slip and fall accident cases, the workers’ compensation system has jurisdiction over the claim. The advantage here is that you do not have to prove that your employer was negligent to win. The disadvantage is that you will not be eligible to receive damages for pain and suffering. In some cases, however, you can move your case outside the workers’ compensation system and file an ordinary personal injury lawsuit.
We Only Get Paid If You Do
At The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A., we work on a contingency basis. Since our fee is calculated as a percentage of your recovery, we won’t charge you anything unless we win your case and you actually get paid. That arrangement gives us every motivation to secure the highest possible recovery for you.
Contact Deerfield Beach Slip & Fall Lawyer, David M. Benenfeld
Claims don’t enforce themselves – you have to fight for them or retain an attorney to fight for them on your behalf. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Florida, or if your loved was killed in such an accident, call Deerfield Beach slip & fall lawyer, David M. Benenfeld, at 954-677-0155, or fill in our online intake form for a free consultation. We handle cases in Arlington Park, The Cove, Lakeview, and elsewhere in town.